• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    The stallion with the pretty hair comes closer, and Kypria can't keep from wiggling about as he does. She wants to bolt toward him - this much is clear - but she has been taught to not rush and surprise others, so she is doing her best to follow her lessons. He smiles when he comes close, and he is right that Kypria cannot tell it from a genuine expression. She is too excited that he - a stranger, and a big one with nice hair! - is interested in her - a small girl that often gets in the way - to even notice.

"Hi Leilan!" She says brightly. "My momma is purple and my dad is Ivar."

This seems like a perfectly accurate answer. She suspects that momma has a name, but it's slipped her mind this moment. They are all K's after all and it is sometimes hard for her to keep track. She's distracted from this by his quip about sea turtles, and even though she laughs at his jest, she cannot help but crane her neck to see if, in fact, there are turtles behind him.

There are not, she finds.

Brennen then tells her that he flies rather than swim, and Kypria takes a step closer to look more curiously at his wings. They are like her fins, she thinks, but less pretty. Fluffy and soft, they'd get dragged down in the water in a way that her pseudo-brother's dragon wings do not. "You have very nice wings." She says with an exaggerated and repetitive nod - Mother always says to be polite.

Then the two adults talk to each other, and Kypria is beginning to wonder if it is time to run back to their island. Then, for no reason, the water reaches out to her.

"Woah!" She shouts, lifting up one hoof to paw at the floating water. Only when it tickles at her fetlock does she piece together Brennen's words and the movement of the water. "That is so cool!"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Kypria - 09-04-2018, 07:47 AM