• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    The white-blue-lavender girl names her parents (or at least names her mother purple, enough to remind Leilan of Klaudius and suspecting she would be related to that highly annoying lavender man), and he recognizes the name of her father. Ivar. The two of them had met only briefly once, and though Leilan had initially attempted to playfully remind the scales figure that he couldn’t possibly have all the girls in the world, it seemed that he had not liked Leilan. Ah well, maybe in the sometime. Maybe not. It certainly did not keep him from grinning at the child. ”Tell him I said hi and congratulate him with your birth, hmm?” He smiled at her when she peeked around him looking for turtles, then focused on Brennen’s words.

Magic, the trickiest of traits. The winged bay said he was in control now, and Leilan looked curiously at the dancing water near his feet. Like Kypria, he tilted one foreleg to inspect the stuff before it flowed back. ”So it would seem.” he concluded; he just had to trust Brennen on this one, had no way to test the theory except provoke him. But that seemed like a bad idea with one with a magic trait.

More reserved perhaps than he would have been some time before, but he had seen enough magic for a lifetime (unbeknownst to him, his very next meeting with a certain kelpie would include even more Beqannan magic). Still, he appreciates the man secluding himself while he could have done harm. So, he lifts his head again and looks at his two conversation partners. ”I suppose if your hiding time is over, there must be some thoughts you have about the future.” he muses and looks at Kypria. Not likely that the two adult men will talk about going to war (just as unlikely as that he will start talking about dying or angering fairies), but he needs to know if something is going on besides the new magic. Or maybe... ”Perhaps you have some time during the day too sometime soon.” he concludes, and shrugs at Kypria, as if to say she shouldn’t be bothered because it’s not inportant. In a way, he knows that for her it won’t be, because Ivar won’t mingle with the brotherhood. ”So what did you do instead of swimming to get here? Wanna show me?” he asks the girl, looking to change the subject. Perhaps it will end this strange nighttime meeting, but his dully aching head reminds him that perhaps he should not even be here.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Brennen]
    @[Kypria]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Leilan - 09-10-2018, 12:59 PM