• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis]
    The crispness of the autumn air is refreshing. My buckskin coat steams in the pale morning light, and I can feel the rapidfire beating of my heart in my chest. I've just scaled a steep cliff face and stand atop a rocky hillock bathed in the pale rose gold of sunrise. My wings hang at my sides, but there is no longer and awkwardness in the way they hang. Indeed, I shake them out at the thought, and both settle neatly onto my sides. The bones, once mangled and broken, are fully healed.

I have not yet practiced flight, but my early morning climb has become something of a habit. With Delta weaned, I find myself with more free time than I'm accustomed to. Adding routine was my natural reaction to that, and as a result the body half-covered by feathered wings is growing visibly muscular. It is an odd sensation, being strong. It is better than fear though, and I am tired of fear.

Just as I begin to struggle with reining in my thoughts, I hear the sound of hooves. Turning away from the sunrise, I find Arthas standing nearby. The smile I greet him with comes without thought; it has been so long since I have seen him and I am genuinely glad to see his face. It's taken introspection (and I've had the time for it, at last), but I'm finally able to name the emotion I feel for the dapple grey stallion.

It's love. Warm and comforting and familiar, the same emotion that colors my memory of my mother and uncle. He feels like family, and I am grateful. I might have dreamed of fiery passionate love as a child, but wildfires are as dangerous as they are beautiful. With Arthas I have a fire enough to warm my heart, and the blue-grey of my eyes as I reach out to greet him.

"Arthas!" I say before I gently brush my nose against his in greeting. "I was just about to get a drink. Do you want to come with?" Taking a few steps forward, I am able to glance back at him over my shoulder. There's a playfulness in my long-lashed eyes despite the innocence of the question I ask. "What have you been up to lately?"

Messages In This Thread
    On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-21-2018, 08:37 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:07 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-28-2018, 06:58 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 12:14 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-03-2018, 06:49 AM