• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when your angels can't sing//Amorette
    Never would she have imagined that her petty struggles would get mixed up in a stranger’s feelings. Feelings she shouldn’t have had in the first place, but still has anyway. It is not that she wishes she does not have them, because they are genuine, but Amorette is afraid what the hope that accompanies the feelings will do if it gets crushed.

Not something the ebony and golden woman wants to think about. Rather banishing it to the back of her mind instead of be confronted with it. But how can she, standing at the base of the tree where Kolera almost lost her life?

Yet, the kinetic blast and sticks that comes her way is not what Amore had in mind to help her momentarily forget about her worries. The surprise has her frozen, eyes wide and lips parted as a surprised yelp escapes past her lips. Before the sound has a chance of dying down, and just before the objects slam into her, flames burn bright and hot and lick at her sides, burning the sticks and branches to ashes.

Amorette does not know what shocked her more. The kinetic blast, or the fire that formed an armor around her in favour of keeping the objects from slamming into her.

The ebony woman blinks her dark eyes a couple of times, before snorting loudly as a shiver runs down her spine. The hesitant voice pulls her out of her haze, and dark eyes find the spotted mare. “I..” she starts, but is forced to pause to clear her throat. “I’m okay, I think..” she answers still a little hazed, eyes quickly glancing at her own body to check for burns. Then turns back to the mare pretty amazed. “I’m sorry for startling you like that.. but that was quite a blast.”

Slowly getting back to her senses, Amorette moves forward to close some of the distance between them. She respects the stranger’s personal space, though she prefers to be closer herself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Breckin, quite a flaming meeting though,” she replies with a smile, her dark eyes twinkling for a moment before offering a more apologetic smile. “My name is Amorette. Tephra is my home.” Perhaps not too surprising, with the fire blast that just kept her from harm, and the ashes and smell of sulphur on her skin.

“You’ve strayed quite a bit from Nerine. I hope the trip didn’t offer too many obstacles?”

@[Breckin]
    Sorry for the wait! Hope it was worth it ^^

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when your angels can't sing//Amorette - by Amorette - 09-03-2018, 02:46 PM