• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What goes around, comes around [Bruise]

I call him the devil because he makes me want to sin
    (and every time he knocks, I can't help but let him in)

He laughs at her response, but the sound is dry and without humor.

There is not much in this world that truly amuses him.

She is a firecracker, perhaps, and although there may be others out there who are intrigued by the fire that simmers in her veins—he is not one of them. He is not intrigued by such normal things. His pulse does not race at the thought of love or lust; his pulse does not spike from the attention of a pretty girl. No, instead, it is the Fear that causes such visceral reactions in him. It is the Fear that toys with him, that teases out the joy. It is a dark love, a fatal dance, but it is perhaps the one thing in this world he loves.

So his face remains carefully blank at her reaction, shrugging an elegant shoulder in reaction. “I do not care that you do not care,” a spark in his eye, only vaguely amused at the contest of who can care less. It quickly drains from him at her next question, an annoyance rising in him at the urge to tell the truth in response. It was an emotion that had no roots in him, a desire that was not born of his own making.

He had enough experience manipulating false emotions to know the difference.

Still, he reveals nothing, tucking away the displeasure behind a wide, empty smile. “I want a great many things,” he answers, truthful and yet vague. He takes a step forward, cloven hooves sure-footed against the ground, reaching for the Fear that is never far from his grasp. “I would start by saying that I want to hear you scream,” a quirk of his lip, the truthful reply falling without resistance into the air between them.

Slowly but steadily, he begins to play along the threads of Fear that rise above, masterfully beginning to weave a tapestry—slow, subtle, but rising. Perhaps it simply drags terror from her bones. Perhaps it warps her own vision of the world around them. Perhaps it even wraps her perception of him.

It was different every time—and if it was truth she wanted, he would gladly supply his own version of it.

fun!! :) bruise responded by using his fear induction. it can affect her a little or a lot or not at all. up to you!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What goes around, comes around [Bruise] - by bruise - 08-22-2018, 10:55 PM