• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i stole my piece of sun; any
    Xero was not usually one to be quiet or shy. She was far more likely to be grumbly and huffy and stompy and sassing about, but sometimes a girl had to make an exception. And besides, her sass had started to wear off, with all the cold and lonely that winter had been, and the way it faded into spring but still left a chill in bones that had started to show through floof she was not ready to lose. Sass took so much energy, and she’d started to run awful low on that.

So it was a subdued, scrawny, shaggy-looking little miss who crept into the playground, lacking her usual bounce and vigor. But maybe that was for the best, ‘cause the people she found seemed soft and shy and quiet. “Hi,” she said softly, head low and peeking up at them as she snuck closer. “Is...is it okay if I come join you?”

Big silvery-gold eyes peered through dark lashes, and she twisted her mouth to the side to worry at the inner corner of her lips. Maybe she’d gotten bad at people, ‘cause when she first came down the big mountain, she was all bold and forward, bright eyes and a big old smile. Or maybe too much time by herself had just sucked away her smile little by little.

At least she had lots of company in her dreams. But it was not the same.

Xero stopped close to the other two kids, but not quite with them, just in case maybe they wanted to be by themselves. Still, she tried a hopeful little smile and joined in the conversation. “Paws are really cool,” she agreed, glancing at the girl with the neat sorta horns and feet that were split in two pieces ‘stead of one. “They’re good at grabbing things, and for climbing too. Especially like trees and rocks and stuff. Plus some paw things have sandpapery tongues that tickle-scratch, and they have real good rumbly purrs that make extra good snuggles.”

Another nervous glance between them, and she smiled a tiny bit brighter and took a step closer. “I’m Xero. Who’re you?”

@[Nutkin] @[Cimmerian] I'm so sorry this took me forever. D: Thank you for waiting for me, I'll be fasterrrr nowwww. And if I'm not, poke me. D:

Messages In This Thread
    i stole my piece of sun; any - by Lichen - 08-21-2018, 01:20 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Cimmerian - 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Lichen - 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 07:37 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Cimmerian - 10-06-2018, 08:26 PM