• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile

Solace

Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

Disappointment weighs down the robust stallion's every gesture, and she sees that he knows he has let them down. That he truly feels it, his wrongdoing, and this slowly begins to soften Solace. Despite what her mind is telling her, a spark of hope flairs in Solace's breast as his metallic eyes lift to meet hers. He would not deny their existence at least, all the stories she had told the twins of their sire would not be contradicted by the man himself. 

Maybe he reads her and sees this change, but his disappointment is lifting visibly, replaced by the emotion which had lit their reunions with a golden light in her dreams. Joy. His delight threatens to unravel her, as it dulls the sharp pain of disappointment - the heartache she has been carrying for days.   

He edges closer and tells her she's wrong, that he cares, and she want's to be wrong.  As savory as nicotine, she draws his scent over her tongue, and it goes to her head. The significance of his presence to her story was undeniable - there is comfort in the way his broad shoulders would appear for her to lean on during turning points in her life. Whenever she found herself at a crossroads, Castle had emerged from the shadows, from the sky.

"I care about you too, Castile, I always have..." She wouldn't deny that, not to anyone. "I looked for you for months. I hoped you were just holding back until you learned how to control it, but I didn't imagine you had just left." The ice in her tone has melted, and there is nothing but broken honesty left. She does not accuse him, only reviles her feelings regardless of the cost.

'I think you underestimate how much I care for you, and always will... no matter what"

The lacerations from Kagerus last words are still raw, a slow bleed that will not stop.  It had been her first true fight with her co-ruler and mate. The experience had left her reeling, alone, and more susceptible to the lure of comfort his presence offers her.

But as he finally reaches to close the gap, to consummate the feelings they both are so bad at hiding, she becomes untouchable. 

His muzzle passes through her as if she did not exist - as if he stood speaking to a daydream - and the feeling of derailed expectation is sickening.  She looks into his eyes with a strength that is not defiant, but it is steadfast, and she wonders if he understands the implications. He could never hurt her again. For all the power he possessed, they would never again press skin to skin unless she asked for it. 

Things were different now. She had grown, and she wonders, if for all his professions of unconditional feeling, his promise will remain. 

"Come to Hyaline, Castile." is her only response,  "Velk and Valdis want to meet you, and they are still young enough to forgive you."

But she wasn't sure if she was.

@[Castile] so to clear up any confusion, she had 'phasing' now!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile - by Solace - 08-24-2018, 04:07 PM