• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    With my back turned to Panthera - and it's far worse than her forgetting our anniversary thank you very much - it's easy to spot the slithering equine's approach. One part of me holds stubbornly to my anger and my inner turmoil over Solace, but the other part becomes distracted, entranced by the way this creature glimmers and by the way his teeth leave a shiver running down my wet spine. Behind me, the leopard issues a low, warning growl; but though we are alike, we are not the same, and I allow the stallion to finish his approach.

I stay silent as he leans himself against the rough bark of a nearby tree, commenting on the oddity we present to the occasional passerby; I keep my expression neutral. But then he says his name - one I quite like - and his home - one I quite dislike. With the word Loess now sitting like a bomb between us, my ears slowly press back, though I don't allow them to completely flatten. What a time to be in a fight with your horse-wife, horse. My tail snaps behind me, sting my familiar's stomach mercilessly. But I know she's right. If Solace and I hadn't gotten into that fight, perhaps we wouldn't have been so tense in our reaction to Loess' jab at us.

And I would know about Ilma stealing Lepis.
    (Thank GOD I don't know about that yet... I don't know how much more I can take without losing my fucking mind. They think that I "went off" already? Boy do I have news for them about just how off I can go).

"Loessian." The word comes out as if I'd swallowed it and found it vile. At my hocks, Panthera rolls from where she'd been strewn to her paws, the claws found there flexing thoughtfully into the wet earth. Lightning flashes, and not three seconds later, a boom rolls over us. I don't break eye contact with the snake, not even when my withers twitch for the sound and the rain and the flash. I don't know what to do, nor what to say; so I say nothing, when Panthera steps forward.

She is sleek in the rain, the clouded markings upon her coat gleaming, mirroring the ones which hide in my own fur, revealed only in the moonlight. The black nose at the point of her face twitches as she approaches the snake, her amber eyes all too knowing for a creature which ought not be sentient. Her lips peel back, revealing teeth which outshine even the snake's; and from the predator's throat comes a churr, neither hostile nor friendly; a feeler...

She can sense his attraction to her.
    I sit back on my haunches, interested in just how this might play out.
    The thunder crashes.

@[vulgaris]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony - by Kagerus - 08-24-2018, 06:40 PM