• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

He laughs, and as if in agreeance, the sky booms. Around us, the trees raise their hackles, their leaves bristling and rustling and screaming as the wind threatens to shred them bare. His fangs add their drops to the pouring rain, the prongs of my antlers strike in odd directions like lightning; it's as if the storm is here because of us in this moment, singing our song in its guttural tongue.

But then, he is retreating. As if I'd not had the upper hand whatsoever, he unhinges his jaw and slips; the storm becomes just that. A storm. The glimmer of interest in my eyes lessens, though it doesn't fade completely. Panthera however busies herself at his ankles, toying with him, drawing blood; I want to roll my eyes at her antics, but they'd been my antics too up until a moment ago. His gaze is smoldering, if laughing; I hold it almost distastefully. He's declined my fun, even if he hasn't said so yet... And that's no fun.

But his argument holds up. I don't lessen the callous nature of my stare though, preferring instead the illusion of aloofness. My ear flicks back as if a more interesting sound comes somewhere behind us, in the depths of this blessed forest (though I'm beginning to wish I'd just stuck with it and gone to the mountain. I'll be home soon, Solace, soon --)

The reptile makes a new offer, speaking through those sharp teeth - and suddenly he's close to me, breathing down my neck - making my heart beat faster - closing my eyes. Distracting me from my purpose.

--

We awaken on the other side, standing exactly as we were, storm raging exactly as it was. But there's a tangible change in the air around us; our nerves stand more keenly on edge.

I dream myself regenerative. I leave him normal - for now. He'll thank me later, when the blood runs down him from spine to ankle, sprawled across the earth alongside me. Barely recognizable bodies... Bones, with some flesh attached.

At our hooves, Panthera hisses; impatient.

And I? I too hiss. Metallic. Otherworldly.

"Deal."

"Words turn to scars but the burden of abandonment is an ache that never heals."
    I DIED.
    @[vulgaris]
    Also I have no idea what's going on but my plan is that they're just going to fucking destroy each other, and then at the end kag will ask him how many wounds he wants to wake up with, permanently. Smile
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony - by Kagerus - 08-30-2018, 10:50 PM