• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark moon rising; ilma

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The mare assesses the unmoving girl with a look, having trouble not to roll her eyes or sigh at her and stay in a neutral stance. There's only a few words she will out now, and if Lepis still refuses, then she can just keep standing there. She's the stolen one now - she'll have to comply by staying within their borders and, if she refuses to be reasonable, then there will be no negotiation today and her return home is simply stalled. But it's her retort about Hyaline that she addresses first and foremost. Lepis keeps on insulting Hyaline. "If you really think that is the case, you may have to reconsider what your steal looked like to us, with no prior warning, and apparently aiming way higher than you intended - but again, we could not know. Had you considered the prospect of spending a year away from home, from your children, had I not stolen you in return? Stealing is a diplomat's way of warfare, like a challenge is for those in the battle castes. If you think it is not, I'm telling you now that the rest of the world thinks otherwise, and that you may have to make a little more use of your imagination and empathy to try and understand someone else's reaction. I do agree that my queens were very quick and very angry; there's a reason they have a diplomat advisor. Take that away, apparently this is what you get." She snorts - she's not happy with Kag and Lace's quick reaction; at least not the tone of it. At heart though, she understands that Lepis basically broke the neutrality of the sanctuary where that was uncalled for, and if no strong image was displayed, that would have been a symbol of 'Hey y'all Hyaline is open for stealing without repercussions - free game zone!'. "But maybe this is good for us too. A sanctuary without protectors and strong borders can't promise safety to anyone, as you will know." she shrugs.

When Lepis refuses to move, Ilma still takes a few steps away, then looks back to talk, but only briefly. "So it seems. Well, if you're set on staying there, I suggest you make yourself comfortable in your current position. I'll find someone else to talk to and negotiate with, if you're not talking to me." She shakes her head to realign her mane, then walks back into Hyaline's kingdom - Lepis will follow, or stay on the border all day, and if the latter is the case, the white mare is not inclined to give in to such childish behaviour.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Lepis] just so you know this is the ilma version of furious - too calm, too cold, not caring shit about how you feel
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 01:32 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 02:29 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 02:54 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 05:25 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 06:34 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 10:47 PM