• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark moon rising; ilma
    She doesn't seem to have seen the hint I laid directly in front of her, but I am unwilling to make it any more clear. I wait, head still tilted slightly askance, as she replies. Her casual dismissal of my efforts as a game is grating, but I do nothing more than stomp a rear hoof (and that could have been a muscle twitch). Ilma continues to treat me like a child, lecturing and berating me as though a rant will make her position more respectable.

"Another tactic?" Repeating her suggestion is done with another raised brow. Does she want that?

"I've given you a chance to keep Hyaline the neutral sanctuary you claim it is, and you've declined. Twice. I've offered to forgive the fact that you threatened us with a war you wouldn't win. You seem uninterested in diplomacy entirely." I pause for just a moment, meeting her gaze squarely. We both know I'm right, but I suspect the Advisor will twist the situation to fit her narrative just as she has done with the rest of our interaction.

"If your offer of another tactic is that I fight you for my freedom, I accept."  It hadn't been an offer, but my irritation is growing as the cold whips around us, and I am ready to be home, warm by the hot springs. At least a fight would warm me up.

"And if it's not, you're welcome to come with me to Loess." At that I do step ahead, finding my footing on the stoney earth easily. The wind is harsher here, and I turn back to look at Ilma from the wind-whipped veil of my navy mane. Where will it be? My cocked brow asks. The challenge lands or Loess?

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 01:32 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 02:29 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 02:54 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 05:25 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 06:34 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 10:47 PM