• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark moon rising; ilma
    My suspicions prove correct, and the moon white diplomat remains obstinate. She's either purposely obtuse or blissfully ignorant I've concluded, neither of which are positions I can reason with. Diplomacy requires logic, after all, and it seems that my companion would rather go down with her flawed ship than concede the lifeboat is a safer option.

I have not voiced a single threat - I'd swear it in front of a magician and be found truthful - but she accuses me of it regardless. The insinuation that a diplomat can’t fight brings a deeper frown to my face. Do Ilma and I not occupy the same world? What is to stop someone from being both.

“I’ve actually been training as a warrior.” I tell her, my ears flicked forward. “I’d have thought that without a standing army that Hyaline would train all its residents in combat.”

Ilma leaves me at last, and I watch her pale figure climb further down the mountainside. For a moment I am tempted by the thought of warmth, but I remember my salty spring and the plentiful steam, and my resolve strengthens. I raise my eyes to the sky, where the thick layer of autumn clouds has begun to grow darker. There is a storm brewing. With Ilma still in the distance, I take to the sky with a single leap. The buffeting wind is now to my advantage, and the chill of the cold is nothing to the thrill of flight. I climb higher and higher, until Hyaline disappears into the base of the cumulonimbus.

@[Ilma]
    Ending here works for me!
    just a heads up that I’m sticking with this timeline for now since Lepis isn’t the type to passively wait while Ilma goes to find Wolfbane Smile

Messages In This Thread
    dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 01:32 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 02:29 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 02:54 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 05:25 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 06:34 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; ilma - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 10:47 PM