• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight ||
    while collecting the stars, I connected the dots.
    I don’t know who I am, but now I know who I’m not.
    It is impossible to be prepared for the scene they walk in on. Exist isn’t like the golden pegasus girl, but even she finds herself wincing quietly at the copper tang that permeates the humid air of this earthy den. She hasn’t been exposed to sick quite like this yet, not the decay she can feel wrapping itself through his lungs and bones and sinew, all of it melting away to leave this wasted king behind. She is used to smaller things, cuts and scrapes and abrasions, broken bones and aching muscles.

But this is so much more.

She is glad to have her sister at her side, now.

The copper mare waits until Marble has greeted her parents and slipped out again. It is so easy to see in the tension stretched in lines across her delicate golden face that she does not want to be here, perhaps isn’t ready for any truths she and Leliana might discover. So she lets her go with a softness in her eyes, a slackness in her mouth that is not quite a smile, but something kind and gentle. This doesn’t feel like a place smiles belong anymore.

Her eyes find those of the gold and white woman - Tangerine, marble had called her, Tang, by her mate. “Hello, my name is Exist,” another not-quite smile, gentleness in those summer green eyes as her gaze shifts to the bay and navy man curled against the ground, “and this is my sister, Leliana. We’re certainly willing to try, I’ll stay as long as you need me too.” But her focus is already shifting elsewhere, the magic in her veins aching and reaching for the failing things in the body of the broken man. “Do you mind if I touch you, Warrick?” Her voice is so soft, those eyes round and green and concerned despite the way she tries to school her expression for them. “This gift is easiest in a tactile form.”

ooc) i’m hoping leliana is the more social-savvy sister :|
    Exist

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight || - by exist - 09-15-2018, 06:37 PM