• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]

He stands quietly behind the veil of magic that keeps him here.  Silver-hazel eyes watch as her gaze rises and falls.  Its as if she is feeding mentally upon him, something his armor is worthless protecting against.  His gaze focuses more intensely on her and when a single tear trails down her blanched cheek, he wonders what she has all recieved.

The thought turns into knowledge as she opens his closet, skeletons pouring out.  His past was not tidy and he does nothing to hide it.  Time and time again he had admitted his shortcoming and promised to be better.  He was better.

Her ramblings continue and soon names compile.  His lovers, his children, his family.  That is when his jaw tightens and gaze hardens upon the mare so boldly judging him.  "Kwartz and Kyveli," he snarls at her.  He had not forgotten their faces even though he was not a part of their lives.  Sabra and Kylin had made their choices to exclude him from their lives, but he would not forget them.

The punch line comes and it causes a deep laughter to rise within his throat and echo throughout the cave.  "Krone.  This is about Krone?" He can hardly believe a kingdom, who equally benefited from her failing throne, to be the cause of his imprisonment. A snort billows from his nares as he is thinking of leaving this conversation, but something bids him to stay, a question, "Who are you to condemn me and what I have done in my life, Breckin?"  Her name is almost distasteful on his tongue as it is spat from his mouth...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Klaudius - 08-30-2018, 07:49 PM