• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]
    The leopard woman merely nods solemnly in agreeance as he names Kwartz and Kyveli as his other offspring.  For all of his shortcomings that she had bared witness to, at least she could appreciate the love he had for his children, even if he was not a constant presence in their developing lives.  Evidenced by the occasions he'd been there to defend them, sought out retribution when Modicum Mortem had led them astray, kept a wayward mother from abandoning a young set of helpless fillies.  These positive truths were there, but the negatory memories could not be ignored.

The jurisdiction for a second chance was what she had been seeking for him.  But the rise of irritation his voice now carries, and seeming lack of remorse does not go unnoticed, though her expression remains stoic save for the drying tear trail along the curve of her jaw.

"This is about your life."

A simple five-word sentence, backed by the heaviness of implicated dual meanings.  About life and death, and a future caught somewhere in the currents of uncertainty.

Breckin blinks, wondering if she should ignore his question altogether, or simply lie.  As enticing as keeping her identity secretive awhile longer, she can't help but wonder if his attitude would change, gaining the knowledge as to who she really was.  Recalling her own memories, she harnesses the day when Scorch had found her upon the beach, instilling upon the news that the crown of Nerine now fell upon her head.  The clip of memory is short, only the image of Scorch addressing her as Khaleesi and lowering into a shallow kneel.  The Leviathan queen presses the memory into Klaudius' own thoughts delicately, careful to not allow the passing of her own raging emotions she had felt that day into him.

The darkness of her eyes gaze steadily into his, keeping a firm grip upon the mask of expressionless neutrality.  Now that he knows who she is, and her ability to share emotional memories with others, she can progress with her search for knowledge. "Would you like to see the memories of your poor choices I spoke of?"  Of Amarantha and Krone, and the torment they suffered by his hand.  

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Klaudius]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Breckin - 09-09-2018, 02:31 PM