• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

The morning is painted with frost glimmering like diamonds in the early sunshine. It’s a marvelous view, really, as autumn slowly creeps toward the beginning days of winter. Temperatures are steadily dropping, but during brisk mornings such as this, Valdis has her own independent means of warmth.

Leading herself astray, the lake with its ice-crusted shallows breaches her vision. Its surface ripples and beckons her nearer, a siren in a field of green. A glance to her left, then her right, confirms her solitude. She had left her family asleep, eager to observe the hillside as the sunrise paints the meadow in shades of scarlet and orange. The magical display enraptures her and thrills her. For a few long minutes, her home is painted with fire.

A chill shudders through her small body, but she responds by igniting a faint aura of flame around her. It incubates her, the flames just barely out of her skin’s reach. Too weak – too young, really – to sustain it or to amplify it, the fire simmers then flickers away. Although disappointed, she doesn’t brood long as she continues at an ambling walk toward the water’s edge. It won’t be long until everyone – mother, Kagerus, and Velk – stir from their slumber. Either they will find her or they will allow her a fleeting sense of freedom. For the time being, Valdis embraces it and peers down at the thin layer of ice. She cannot see her reflection. She has multiple times before and knows how her molten locks stand on end along her arched neck and how her eyes match in color, gleaming radiantly when hit by a peripheral ray of sunlight. ”I’m pretty,” she whispers to herself, but is unable to confirm it again without her reflection staring back at her. ”Stupid ice,” with the childish energy she has, she ignites the air surrounding her and presses a single hoof against the ice. Immediately, it melts beneath the small tongues of flame before the fire, again, distinguishes.

But that was enough; it was all she wanted. Nothing would stand in her way.

With an amused grin, Valdis peers down at herself in the water, watching curiously as steam rises and kisses her face before disappearing.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Valdis - 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM
    RE: anyone; - by abysm - 09-02-2018, 10:31 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 09-05-2018, 08:47 AM
    RE: anyone; - by abysm - 09-19-2018, 08:45 PM