• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane
    The praise he gives me is not expected and it startles a proud grin before I can mask it. Softening it with words is my unconscious reaction, though the warmth of the compliments (for I take them as such) remains a pleasant weight in my chest.

"I was just trying to do what you would," I say before I duck my head, following with the rest of my body as I flip forward through the air. My wings fold as closely to my body as they can, mirroring his rolls until he pauses to speak again. This high, the thermals are easy to ride, and my feathered appendages keep me aloft with minimal beating to hear what the king as to say.

I'm grinning when he pulls away, pleasure at the plan he's formulated plainly visible on my blue face. It's easy to focus on the plot and not the way he'd phrased it. There was a sour taste at the back of my mouth with the reminder of Arthas. Not at his memory, but rather at the way the dappled stallion and I had last parted ways. I do not have time to linger on it long, as the golden horse beside me is suddenly gone.

He dives and for a moment I only watch with a grin, enjoying the spiraling shape he makes against the snowy earth below before I move to follow. The speed at with I follow is risky, and indeed I my hind legs dip beneath the icy water before I can pull out of my dive. Still, the burn of my muscle as I keep myself aloft is exhilarating, the adrenaline it sends coursing through my veins a heady drug that I had nearly forgotten. Risk aversion is something I have always valued, yet that falls away as I laugh aloud at his daring proclamation.

The consequences of our efforts - if they are to fail - would be extreme, but I find that as I feel the wind blowing through my wings and see the gold and blue of Wolfbane beside me that I care very little about them at all.

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-30-2018, 10:04 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 12:57 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 09-05-2018, 06:26 PM