• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    Somehow the smile she wore herself manages to broaden more, watching quietly as the dragon shifter seems to change before her eyes again.  The dragon had morphed to a wary, guarded stallion, and now the wary, guarded stallion appeared to fade in the shadows cast by the warmth and brightness his expression now held.  Breckin cocked her head thoughtfully, wondering what had stirred the reaction; But she could guess, and guessing was all that she would do.  

Nodding at the mention of the names of his parents, her ears drift lazily to the side; she knew the names, but nothing beyond some chance residual memories left ingrained throughout Nerine.  Those occurrences were rare, only seemingly brought into her own cognition if she was deliberately searching for the emotional memories left embedded in the surroundings where they had happened.

Nerine always called me back.

That grabs her attention, enough so, that she thinks little of her boldness as she moves closer to him, carefully treading between the jagged grooves of earth his talons had so easily torn through.  He had been speaking yet, answering her question, and his remarks are easily registered.  Pulling up just a horse length shy, the dark brown of her eyes search the contrasting colors of his own, tilting her in consideration of his request.

"I roamed all of Beqanna when I first came here a few years ago, trying to find a home that suited me best.  Nerine...she is a hard one to ignore when she calls to you."  Smiling in understanding, she pauses as a coastal gale runs across them.  "Help me protect her, Castile."  It was obvious the painted stallion had fearsome talent, something that Nerine and her Leviathans could use to defend its children and residents in the turbulent tides of kingdom affairs.  It would put some ease on her mind, to add to their strength, especially with those who had such a devotion to their birthplace.

"You'll find that Nerine is not as strictly matriarchal as she used to be.  Men are able to climb ranks if they earn it as the women do, the same can be said for the Brotherhood in Ischia."  Shrugging slightly, she laughs softly, "Don't take this the wrong way or anything, and I may be biased, but I think you'd do better in the Sisterhood."

A soft voice calls to them, and her spotted head turns to the promising girl that Ardashir had recently recruited.  Dipping her head in polite greeting and smiling warmly, Hello Nalia.  It's good to see you.  After the girl begins to question the draconic man, her own gaze shifts back to him, eyebrow slightly raised in anticipation if he would choose to call Nerine home again, or if he'd only be visiting after all.

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Castile] @[Nalia]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 08-31-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-01-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-01-2018, 03:21 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-02-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-06-2018, 02:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nalia - 09-06-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 10-05-2018, 10:11 PM