• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pharate - waiting to emerge
    This is my home now. The Desert needs me

Yael remembers the first time she realized that - the first time she accepted the fact that the place was born, the place she knew like she knew her Ima’s scent, could no longer be considered her home. It was gone, destroyed in flames and all that remained (she believed) were ash and charred bones. But the allure of a home that is still standing (and can now fully accept her) is not to be taken lightly. That Pevensie makes this decision and says these words makes Yael breathe easier, and she silently thanks Adonai for giving her the foresight to approach her again in the Field.

She had never meant to become visible… and in that, she has clearly underestimated Pevensie’s ability to feel her presence. With the buckskin’s eyes upon her, she becomes fully corporeal, and gives the little Queen a sly wink. She is proud of her and how she has grown into her role. She scales remain in balance.

Yael can feel the curiosity rolling of Cam, and so she simply nudges the black mare’s shoulder in a sort of ‘looks like our girl is all grown up’ way. Can’t she be keen to keep Pevensie as Queen because she believes in the spirit of the Desert that put her there? Because she, too, has communed with that spirit (or goddess, whatever you want to call it), and believes that the two mares were intended to be a team of checks and balances. There are a hundred reasons why she is not eager to see Cam rule alone, all of which are based on a feeling in the gut. It’s not the sort of feeling that keeps her up at night, just one that she gets every now and then - like when they were in the Valley, or when Cam was asking her about the past. There is more to her than Yael may ever ask about, more because she is exceedingly polite than any other reason.

When Yael does finally speak, it has nothing to do with what has just transpired. “I shall assemble the Deeplomats queeckly, before ze event. T’ere ees some restructuring to do, as Zilpah ees gone, ve need a new second in command. Perhaps t’ey can xaf ze empathy, as I xaf no need for eet, obviously. T’ey vill be instructeed to vatch everyt’ing.” She smiles coyly. There could be a dramatic shift in power with this new development. There could be new allies worth having, and new friendships to form. Finally, before she turns to go and leave the two Queens to discuss whatever they want to in private, she says, “So sorry for my brief disappearance… I fell asleep, and seem to xaf slept for several months. Eet vas… kite odd.”

Yael, guardian of the desert

[idk what this is, but felt the need to end it, should yall want to keep on talking by yourselves Smile ]

Messages In This Thread
    pharate - waiting to emerge - by Beqanna Fairy - 06-30-2015, 04:35 PM
    RE: pharate - waiting to emerge - by Camrynn - 07-01-2015, 10:15 AM
    RE: pharate - waiting to emerge - by Yael - 07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
    RE: pharate - waiting to emerge - by Pevensie - 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
    RE: pharate - waiting to emerge - by Camrynn - 07-12-2015, 03:13 PM
    RE: pharate - waiting to emerge - by Yael - 07-19-2015, 02:25 PM