• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so pay attention now; daemron

she'll lie and steal and cheat and beg you from her knees
    make you thinks she means it this time

She loses herself in this moment—forgetting the fear, forgetting that which held her back.

She leans down when Red begins to wind through her legs, bumping her nose against the thick fur of Red and then watching as she disappears into the trees. Pyxis doesn’t have the same connection that Daemron has to the wolf, that supernatural connection that ran through his blood, but she could still feel her near—near enough to keep a watchful eye over the pair, content to know they were together.

Together.

At last.

Pyxis turns to him as he draws her close, murmuring her agreement, her pulse racing as the fire that began in her chest spread to the rest of her. She is alive with him, burning with need and love—feeling everything that she has never let herself feel before. She reaches out for him, tentative at first and then more confident as she sheds the shyness. She has no need for such things with him, she has no need for anything but the closeness that stitches them together, letting herself slip into the raging river of him—

and she would be fine if she never surfaced again.

In the afterglow, she dreams next to him, her body finally still, her muscles lax. She can feel the gentle warmth of him next to her and she smiles even with her eyes closed. This feels right. It feels horrifying, but it feels right, and she lets the terror slip away, turning hazy in the background.

In this moment, she isn't scared.

She is only his.

She stretches and then leans into him, nestling closer into his side, hunting for more of his warmth. At his question, a corner of her mouth quirks with humor. “Around,” she answers elusively, finally opening her eyes to look up at him. “Red and I traveled for a long time. I didn’t have a clear destination.” She pauses, holding back the truth of it before relinquishing it to him. “I was just trying to outrun you, if I’m being honest.” She takes a steadying breath, a laugh escaping her. “This honesty thing will be difficult.”

But then he asks about her family and the humor bleeds from her face momentarily, her blue eyes turning sad with memory. “I-I don't know.” She hasn’t seen them for years. She misses her parents, even though she’s still not sure she doesn’t hate her father (and has no idea of their reunion), but she misses Malis the most, aching for that stern and wild sister. “I lost track of them a long time ago.” She pauses before trying to pivot, searching for more stable ground. “What of you? Have you seen your family recently?”

she'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
    but I still love her, I don't really care

Messages In This Thread
    so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-03-2018, 02:22 AM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-04-2018, 05:41 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-04-2018, 10:15 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-07-2018, 06:20 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-09-2018, 09:15 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-12-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-14-2018, 12:03 AM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-15-2018, 01:15 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-16-2018, 09:45 PM