• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any
    Heda had looked so serene when she’d first spoken of motherhood to me. In my memory, her buckskin face is lit from some internal source, happiness spilling forth alongside the tale she had spun me about the joys of it, my own reaction blending with the projected emotion that was thick in the air around me. My own experience has been rather different; none of the anticipated emotions flood me when I looked at Delta...or at this filly in front of me.

”Shh. He’s leaving. Be still!” I say as she tries to duck past me, ignoring - for now - her claim that the lion might be her friend. Our world is full of magic, but it is also full of danger. Even if that particular wildcat was a shifter, there were a hundred that weren’t. They don’t often venture down from the cliffs, but I suspect the idea of easy spring prey had lured that one to the lowlands.

”Friends are important,” I acknowledge, having followed the cat with narrowed stormy eyes until I was satisfied he was gone. My tone is slightly distracted, at least until I look down at her directly. ”But more important than making friends is knowing how to tell a friend from something that wants to eat you for supper. That - ” I’m gesturing after the mountain lion with one flared wingtip ”- was something that wanted to eat you.”

She asks if I have friends and I nod without even thinking about it. I have Arthas and Wolfbane - my two friends, my two kings. Castile, too, however transient his presence in my life, and the other dragon, the one from the water. The list is short, and most of the memories are rusted and dark with time passed.

”Who told you that you were supposed to make friends?” I ask as I tuck my golden being back to my side. “-with cats” I do not add, expecting thar her loquacious nature might give me an answer without being prodded.  

@[Xero]
    sorry for the wait <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any - by Lepis - 09-16-2018, 09:31 PM