• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Although I can't expect the world to always go my way, the fact that there'd be so much political angst for Hyaline (previously the least politically angsty kingdom of them all) during my first - and devastating - fight with my wife, happened to be just fuck awful. But looking back, even if what Solace and I had said to Loess had been a bit harsh, I wouldn't take back a word of it. It was true, and it still is. Hyaline has big friends, and with them beside us, a big bite.

But whatever. People don't like to have the facts given to them or something, like to live up in their ego; and for today, I'll have to come down out of mine.

The original plan had been for Solace to meet with the king of Loess, given that she has a much calmer disposition than me - and is relatively more stubborn - and that she knows Wolfbane too. But she'd fallen under the weather this morning, telling me in a scratchy voice that if I fucked this up she'd never forgive me. Which she followed up with a kiss. I smile remembering it...

But in the next moment, I am entering the field - where I have invited sir Wolf to join me - and the smile disappears. I rest for a moment near the outskirts, eyeing those who mill about the place themselves. When my gaze snags on one whose appearance is easily recognized based on description alone, I toss my antlers high and trot to approach. His bright yellow and blue colouring caught my eye, and he stands just barely shorter than me; but I still hold his gaze evenly, unperturbed and certainly not threatened by the Loessian's stature.

After all, it's not him with whom I have an issue.

"Greetings, Wolfbane," I offer as I settle before him. The snow beneath us chills my ankles, but I do not shuffle my hooves. "Thank you for agreeing to meet me here. I'm sorry that Solace couldn't make it; I hope that you don't mind having to deal with me instead." A wolfish grin overtakes my features. "I promise I'm just as diplomatic as my lovely counterpart." Which is... mostly true, anyway.

"As you know, Lepis is currently being held captive in Hyaline. To begin with, I think there were some misunderstandings; but frankly, I'm not going to waste time debating the whys and hows of how these steals played out. I am more interested in establishing how we move forward from here."

I pause, inhaling and exhaling in a billow of steam. "What are your intentions with Hyaline, aside from Lepis' ordeal? Solace and I and our council have established terms for her release, if you'd like to hear them. But as a political whole, the landscape of Beqanna is changing." I pause, wondering whether to reveal my knowledge about Sylva or to keep it a secret. For now, I choose the latter, though my significant gaze ought to be somewhat - or totally - telling. "And if we could establish something as a certainty between our nations, that would be appreciated."

@[Wolfbane] turns out I can't do snappy. I guess what I meant was dialogue heavy lmao.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane - by Kagerus - 09-04-2018, 12:30 PM