• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Heard We Were Friends [All]
    Nalia was caught by surprise when the newcomer showed up, causing the filly to have a sharp intake of breath. Unfortunately, some of the flower pollen had gotten in her nose in the process, so before she could even offer a response, the filly sneezed quite loudly, shaking her head once she'd done so to try and get rid of the clogged feeling in her nostrils.

Blowing more air out of her nose, the filly turned to see who had come to greet her. The mare looked to be around Nalia's age and height, her bay coloring reflecting a brilliant milky chocolate color in the sunlight. Her nose dipped in at the bridge, something Nalia had seen on some of the other horses here. Since she grew up in a herd outside Beqanna, she was unfamiliar with the breed this mare was; the only ones Nalia knew of were her own, a paint, and mustang, a term her dam had used to refer to the stallion that had taken over the herd and made it impossible for Nalia to remain with her dam to meet her little brother or sister.

But Nalia had to admit, despite the oddity of her nose, this mare was rather pretty. Her mane and tail were a dark ebony in color, a stark contrast to the white star and snip on her forehead and nose. She also had small rings of white around her powerful hooves. However, there was one discerning feature that clearly stood out to the filly.

That feature was the fact that this mare had what appeared to be the teeth of a predator. Nalia couldn't see how long they actually were, but the corners poked out at the edge of her lips. The fact that she was grinning at Nalia in a manner that made the filly uneasy didn't help to hide such an oddity, and, unfortunately, Nalia stared at them a second too long before she realized the mare had addressed her.

Snorting to regain her thoughts, Nalia gave the mare a friendly smile, trying to remain positive, "Hi there. Yes, I'm from Nerine; I joined about a moon ago when Ardashir brought me there. And, uh, no, I don't think I'm lost," she offered with a head tilt, her eyes looking up a moment to think, "I'd heard that Nerine and Loess were allied kingdoms, so I wanted to come here and see what this place was like. I heard it had the most beautiful flora in all of Beqanna, and I had to see for myself. And maybe there were some horses here I could get to know and be friends with too."

Through all of this, Nalia kept the grin plastered on her face; to some, it may seem fake, but the filly's friendly attitude made it seem genuine. She could be a bit over the top sometimes, mostly because she hadn't been taught when to back off and be careful. Hopefully this new mare wouldn't teach her a brutal lesson regarding that matter.

@[Kaurma] If no one else comes, oh well. Nalia would probably bounce back but it might do her good to get knocked down a peg or two and see that she needs to be careful with her friendly disposition around here sometimes

Messages In This Thread
    I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-05-2018, 08:56 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Kaurma - 09-06-2018, 09:00 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-06-2018, 11:32 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Kaurma - 09-08-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-10-2018, 10:13 AM