• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He’s expecting Warrick. Preoccupied, still turning his encounter with Arthas over and over and over in his head, examining every instant; he hasn’t had time to even wonder is changes have happened in other Kingdoms. When Klaudius backed down, or decided tangling with Warrick wasn’t worth also tangling with Ischia, Nerine, and Hyaline, he’d stopped worrying about his bay-and-navy counterpart. The (former) King of Tephra was no weak link in their chain, after all. Now the heavy sound of approaching steps calls his attention to the present and he turns his head, body following; Brennen knows the very heavy footsteps don’t belong to Warrick but still he’s not expecting a vaguely familiar face either.

One blink, another, as Brennen reorients himself for the meeting he’s about to have, instead of the one he was expecting. The exact wording of the boy’s sentence, the way he’s holding himself…Brennen can read between the lines. And though he recognizes the stallion who he last saw as a child, and acknowledges that he’s grown, he’s still a child to Brennen. “Kromium,” he says thoughtfully, and reserves judgement on the actual change of leadership for later. Partly because he can tell there was no violence, thanks to his new enhanced extra senses (magic sure is coming in handy, in ways he never expected); partly because he needs to ask the boy a question that’s been floating in his mind since he left Arthas and Sylva.

“I just left Sylva, after meeting their new King, Arthas formerly of Loess,” the bay is actually relatively unsure of the gray’s true allegiance; how former is his loyalty to Loess? “Sylva, under Modicum Mortem and Astarael killed two of my children. They tortured my grandson. They killed your mother.” Arthas had wondered why Brennen cared about Krone, which only indicated that the gray didn’t understand the bay King at all. His takeover of Ischia had nothing to do with dislike of Krone, and he had wished her the best in her new life in Tephra – which she hadn’t gotten, after being kidnapped and killed in Sylva. “Ischia was prepared to go to war with Sylva, under her previous leadership, over these crimes. And if I find out who killed my daughters, I will still make a move, even if completely on my own. But I am not planning to attack Sylva now, under new leadership, and kill anyone who may very well have been acting under the orders or compulsion of their former leaders.”

Brennen is sure he’s not disappointing Kromium’s expectations for him to speak, but if he’s planning to run a Kingdom he should be prepared to talk about politics. His true curiosity is on the tip of his tongue (’do you know who killed your mother, Kromium?’) but he doesn’t ask that. “I came to tell Warrick that Ischia no longer plans to go to war with Sylva, though I have warned their new King if the atrocities continue, my Kingdom’s plans may change.” If they continue to kill and rape and torture, Brennen will be hard-pressed to stand idly by. “I suppose now I am here to speak to Tephra’s new leader. And what are your plans, Kromium?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick - by Brennen - 09-10-2018, 11:30 AM