• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    His first impressions are of an individual far more mature than his sire. Of course, a spare moment of thought supposes that Krone must have had a steadying influence on the kid. The bay will reserve final judgement until he finds out what happened with Warrick, but first impressions mean a lot to Brennen. If he never has to deal with Klaudius it will be too soon, but as of yet he’s pretty okay with the man’s family.

The younger man speaks of his own experience with Loess and Sylva and Brennen listens attentively. He files away the knowledge that Arthas was recently Loess’ champion before going to Sylva, the name of another who is associated with them. He doesn’t react outwardly to the mention of swapping children, but inwardly he mulls it over. He’s agreed to such things before, with trusted allies, but recent experiences have made him sore over the subject of children, and he wonders if that was ever a good idea. Right now, he’s keeping all of his children as close as possible, and hopes Kromium is wise enough to do the same. He seems focused on family, so Brennen thinks he’s probably not going to be doing anything to endanger his any time soon.

The ice king does nod, murmur a quiet, “Thank you,” to the boy’s promise to tell him if he hears anything about the killer. Their killer. Alonwy and Khaeli. A wave of grief threatens to overwhelm him, but he’s spent the time he hid himself away re-learning how not to drown in it, and so he lets the wave wash over him and then roll on, meanwhile forcing himself to surface and continue to pay attention. The rest of his family and his brothers deserve his time and attention as well – he cannot spend it all on his daughters, even if he wanted to.

“I am hoping to avoid war as well.” he responds quietly. “I prefer my fighting for fair sport, or for defense of my loved ones. Not for true violence, unless I am forced.” A moment of consideration, a silence. They both know he won’t ally himself with Sylva, no matter their change of leadership, and he shares the same reservations as Kromium about Loess, though he’ll go visit anyway. Nerine had engaged with them since they became a for-hire nation; perhaps he will solicit Scorch’s opinion. “You don’t want any Rivals. Are you looking for allies, or will your Tephra be a neutral entity?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 10:45 PM