• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

He cannot imagine the emotions of loss Brennen must live with each day without his children.  Krom has no children of his own but his siblings are everything to him -even the ones he does not find within these lands.  A single day without his twin sister is unimaginable, they are but two halves to a whole and would not be complete without the other.

His wait is short, as Brennen begins again.  A twist of emerald ears shows he is listening, even as his gaze strays to imagine war in Beqanna.  Why there could not be peace amongst them was unfathomable to Krom, but he assumes boredom is to partially blame. Greed the other.

His attention returns fully to the bay stallion as he ends with a fair question.  Krom responds with a knowing answer but uncertain it can truly exist here, "I wish for Tephra to remain neutral from the politics of Beqanna, but as Arthas has mentioned, it is a foreign concept for the lands."  His head turns in thought with a slight chuckle, "In fact, I can guess who will come knocking upon our door first.  If Sylva is now ruled by Arthas, it won't be long before my denial of their offer will become forced." He thinks of the look on the greys faces when he had refused them and their kingdom. "War is violent, but in the name of the ones I protect, I won't give it a second thought. I protect Tephra and everyone who calls it home, so if they wish to meddle where they don't belong, I will fight for Tephra until my last breath."  His tone ends strong, the iron horse wasn't negotiating his family or home to tyrants and he'd die protecting them.  "I would imagine Tephras people would do the same, but I would not force them to fight -if the drums of war should sound on our time here."

He focus recenters on the King of Ischia and remembers a time when he was an heir to that kingdom.  He had been young then and wasn't in the position to fight for their island home.  It seems only yesterday they had left the sandy beaches in exile.  He thinks of all he had lost, but how much more he had gained since that day.  A smile breaks the plane of his flattened lips, "I do hope Brennen, that we can put our pasts behind us.  I hold no hard feelings for our histories shared." The reconciled moment gives way to a more somber subject matter, "Though we have not heard from our father since he was to challenge for Tephra over a year ago, I believe you to be an honest man and would have said if you knew of his whereabouts..." He pauses breifly in hopes that they can look out for one another, "If you hear anything would you let us know?"

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick - by Kromium - 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM