• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis}
    As he takes in his deep breath I pull farther away, the furrow of my brow growing deeper. Did he not think Is notice? Or perhaps he had simply thought I would not ask? I cannot tell from his answer, but the reluctance and shame is all too clear, and I begin to wonder if I had been too accusatory. Perhaps he was just visiting the autumnal kingdom?

My blue ears flick forward as he begins to speak, and the answer he gives me is not at all what I had been expecting. Taken over Sylva? It takes a moment to process, but I realize even as the words leave his dark lips that he is a king again. A king who wants me: it is everything I had ever dreamed of as a girl.

Then he asks if I would be his queen.

Isnt it supposed to feel special when dreams come true? Surely I should be elated, all but floating within myself? And yet... It is Sylva, where every horrible thing that can happen to a creature had happen to be. Tortured, tormented, raped and abuse. Even now I cannot look at the fiery foliage in the distance without shuddering, and yet he asks me anyway.

My expression has shifted from the frown I had worn, and while he talks there has been nothing on my face at all. I had listened without reaction. I must stay true to myself, I know. But do I stay true to my fear? Or to my promises? Arthas wants me there, his queen or not. I belong to him, and so in an instant I know the answer that I need to give him. I’ve already disapppinted him with our last conversation; I can’t do it again, not even if it means returning to the source of my nightmares.

“I will come and be your queen.” I reply, and there is the slightest upturn of my navy mouth as I say it. It’s not quite enough to be called a smile, but I know that Arthas knows me well enough to not expect one. “But on one condition. I will have the right to banish anyone, at any time.” The clown king is surely gone, but he had been just one of my tormentors.

@[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-06-2018, 08:07 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Lepis - 09-07-2018, 04:12 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-08-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Lepis - 09-10-2018, 01:19 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-11-2018, 07:14 PM