• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; anyone
    Far to the east, the horizon begins to lighten. It is the faintest of changes, a bit of charcoal against the black, but as I blink my stormcloud eyes, I see it. A bit of steam obscures it for a moment, but I take a step forward in the knee deep water of the hot spring and once more have an unobstructed view of the eastern edge of the kingdom.

I am standing in my favorite pool, and the length of my wings are held just loose enough that the tips of their longest feathers barely brush the water. I know from experience that it is not the best to drink, but the combination of salt, fresh water, and geothermal heat have made the pool around me a veritable menagerie of life even in the dead of winter. At my feet swim silvery fish, and the quick flick of a lizards tail disappearing into the grass follows the loud chirrup of a cricket.

It is not often that I find myself in the company of another at this hour. Before Hyaline, I’d have been beside Delta or Arthas - often both. Now though, my son is grown and my husband is King of Sylva. I should be there, some part of me knows, steadfast behind the dapple grey stallion. But I linger in Loess still, inexplicably torn between the two.

Yet despite the late hour - perhaps early hour now, I realize, I recognize the sound of hooves. Pulling in my wings more tightly against my sides, I glance in the direction of the sound, my blue ears flicking curiosity as I try to pick out a shape in the darkness.

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-07-2018, 09:28 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 01:56 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-16-2018, 01:35 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-16-2018, 02:38 PM