• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Although he's done about the most traveling in his circle of siblings - excluding Abysm, but he had a couple years advantage over him so that really doesn't count - he is maybe the least experienced with Hyaline's landscape. Yes he knows where the family grotto is, and where the lake is, and where Grandpa's willow copse is, and where some good hiding places are for hide and seek. But maybe what I'm trying to say here is that little Rhae doesn't know the people of Hyaline... But really, how can you blame him.

It's easier to make friends in the outer lands, in his opinion. He feels brave outside of home, knowing that he won't ever have to see any of the people he meets out there again if he doesn't want to; they get to stare at him and smile awkwardly in response to his silence, and frankly, he can just let it bounce right off. But here at home... Well, of course he could talk to Will and Koko and Mothers, and Valdis and Velk and Grandpa, and sometimes Abysm when he's in a good mood, but that's not... The point. He wants to find his place in Hyaline, wants to belong... But how do you belong, when you can't even say the word hello...

Well, I'll just have to find some other way to say hello then!

Feeling determined as the sun lazily rose one autumn morning, Rhaegor stretches his wings wide and leapts from where he'd been standing at the mouth of his family's grotto. With few strokes, he glides down towards the kingdom's heart, circling once or twice above the lake as he considers both his reflection and the horizon, eager perhaps to find a figure standing there, a wordless invitation.

Finding no one, the little buckskin decided to settle near uncle Svedka's willow tree, not far from the lake's rocky coast. He'd not seen his fabulous uncle in some time, and he doesn't truly expect to see him today; but perhaps someone else would come along, someone else just as - if not more - interesting.

Rhaegor
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Rhaegor - 09-08-2018, 03:39 PM