• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Maugrim
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

I'm not certain what's going on yet, but the politics are making my head reel; despite my meeting with Bane, it would seem that Hyaline is missing one particular prisoner. This absence does little to calm my nerves or lend my decision making skills any credibility, and frankly, it does shit for how I feel towards Loess, especially in regards to my respect for her pirate king.

And to top it off, Panthera had spotted Lepis attempting to goad Valdis out of Hyaline - I've not determined her success in that endeavour yet, but I'm not going to wait around for my children to go missing before taking action. They're making it personal, criminal; it's one thing to steal a knowing, participating diplomat. It's another to try and kidnap a royal child; and even if it hadn't been to kidnap, I don't trust Lepis at all. They are tampering with my family. They wouldn't stand for either, were the situations reversed.

It's my second time sneaking through Sylva, though I do so knowingly this time. The eternal autumn of the kingdom sends shivers down my spine, even though the climate here is warmer than the one I've become accustomed to in Hyaline. I cross the border in silence, blood pounding, knowing that I could meet unnameable dangers in these accursed woods - but I have to take the risk.

Arthas is the new king here, as I'd heard some weeks ago when passing through from Mountain to Hyaline, unless he'd not been accepted; but I'm here to find that out... Among other things.

I stop in a thicket, feeling thoroughly lost and utterly vulnerable; but I hold my antlered head high, breath rising in steaming huffs as I stand like a wraith in the night, perfect to pick apart, but with something irresistible to offer.

@[Maugrim]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Maugrim - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 09:41 PM