• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and they bite you; any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The mare is not easily distraught, but neither is the paler mare joining her. They walk a few strides farther before there is a return question, and it helps Ilma reorientate her thoughts. She was being snippy, she knew it, but it was not this black-and-white mare's fault that Lepis was getting under her skin.

"A home, a place of refuge, protection if someone's after you. If there's another kingdom involved however, I'd like to know about it." Implying that she wouldn't send her away, but would tell her queens and possibly negotiate with that certain kingdom. However, the mare did not smell of another kingdom, so she figured she might not need help in that kind of way.

But then she says she used to live here, and Ilma thinks of the strange nereid mare that had visited a long time ago, and she cannot help but smile. Just passing through then, probably. Or perhaps looking if her previous home still appealed. She would let the bicoloured mare decide for herself, instead latching on the last question. She nods. "It is. Though less oriented on youth and more on a broader range. Like I said, we'd like to know what we're getting into if it involves another kingdom, but otherwise, you're welcome to stay as long as you like." She muses a moment, then looks the visitor in the eye. "I didn't catch your name yet? Perhaps there's some you may know from the past, or they you... but it's just Solace remaining I think." Ilma knew that the buckskin overo mare had been Amet's heir, but other than that, that history was a long time ago already.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[kota] idk it's... something I guess
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    and they bite you; any - by kota - 09-10-2018, 07:59 AM
    RE: and they bite you; any - by Ilma - 09-12-2018, 06:07 AM
    RE: and they bite you; any - by kota - 09-18-2018, 07:48 AM
    RE: and they bite you; any - by Ilma - 09-18-2018, 01:28 PM
    RE: and they bite you; any - by Prism - 11-08-2018, 07:36 AM