• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on a stormy sea of moving emotion//Brennen
    His mention of Wishbone causes the lines of her face to reform into a shallow frown.  The mahogany mare's sudden departure from Beqanna had been a difficult blow for Breckin to recover from, a memory that she recalls often.  She'd understood what drove the woman away, understood it completely, but still, the leopard woman felt as though Wishbone could have done promising things for Nerine and it pained her to consider what the possibilities for the Leviathans could have been.  But she doesn't allow herself to dwindle on such thoughts for long; it wouldn't change the fact that she now carried the mantle of Nerine's leadership and the responsibilities that saturated it.  The future of the Amazon's legacy now rested with her and those that called the northernmost shores home now--she'd be damned if she didn't do her best.  And Brennen's faith in her only serves to further bolster her burgeoning confidence.

The wisdom he imparts on her is absorbed readily, hardly blinking or allowing her fluid attention to stray from the Ischian King's willing knowledge.  Love being confusing was an understatement, she thought.  Having just come into the understanding of it (was it even possible to really understand it?) in recent memory, there had been multiple times when she'd caught herself thinking she had a firm grip on her own emotions, only to be severely wrong in the aftermath.    But perhaps tragic was not a good descriptive word of love after all; she could think of multiple others that could fit the bill just as easily.  Namely "distracting" and "beautiful."

After he replies to her question, she falls to a brief silence, turning her gaze toward's Ischia's surrounding sea momentarily before her dark eyes refocus on her companion.  "That sounds like an incredibly trying time, Brennen, and my heart aches for you and your family over the loss of your daughters.  This empathic ability of mine seems to be able to pick up on deeply emotional memories residually left upon their surroundings.  I'm sure you're more than capable of handling it yourself, but as your friend, I'd love nothing more than to offer my assistance should you require it."  With that she offers a small smile, weighted down by the pull of sorrow. "And I'm glad to hear the passing of time is easing some of the pain."   

A sigh escapes her, and the smile is dropped in favor of a hard line drawn upon her ebony lips.  "While we're on the subject of criminals, Brennen, there's something else I should tell you.  I'm sure you're aware that Klaudius was captured through a contract with Loess, and he was held within Nerine's cave systems.  I sought to question him, trying to better understand what the best course of action would be, and I searched his memories.  He raped Amarantha, a previous Leviathan, and his sister Krone as well.  He demonstrated no remorse whatsoever, and in turn, threatened to make me one of his victims.  When I made to leave, somehow his containment weakened, and he escaped, but not before attacking me."   As if to rekindle the memory anew, the healing wound along her crest began to throb dully and the thought causes her to wince inadvertently.  "Regrettably, he was too far gone into the blizzard-ridden sky before I could attempt to apprehend him."

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion//Brennen - by Breckin - 10-04-2018, 04:43 PM