• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When these pillars get pulled down; Brennen

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Brennen has a matter-of-factly tone that is perhaps more reassuring than someone telling him softly that it's okay and all right; as he'd hoped, the bay winged man does not disappoint in the role of leader or mentor. Leilan looks at him briefly, slightly surprised by the ease with which the answer is given, then scoffs a little. "Well, I suppose it helped that I already did the scathing myself." he shakes his head, the memory clear in his head. He would never forget that day, but he supposed that was the fairy's goal.

But if he had to learn, and he supposed that he had, then that was exactly the problem he was facing. He awaited the other answers first but, when the winged man had stopped talking, Leilan had something to say, too. Brennen just wasn't going to like it.

Silent for a bit, he mused over the words he'd been given and what the best way of putting it was. "I suppose I deserved that..." he'd started with, when Brennen talks about others dying. But since the man isn't truly done like he thought, he tilts his head at the rest. Balance. He supposes he has un-balanced a lot in the past two years... perhaps he'd been put back to fix it himself. He knew that was the goal, but, it was pretty hard to do.

"Love, eh? I suppose there's only one, truly, as far as I can tell. But you know, I just ruined that too - she hurt me once, and I told her to stay out of my life, and there were others who just couldn't fill the void. I suppose I should go talk to them, though. If that's what the learning is about." he sighs, and then shakes his head again, looks at his friend and mentor. "And I have to apologize to her, too. And mother too. Ask her what she wants of me to fix it, but, Brennen - it's going to take some time. And I might be inclined to stay with them, if they'll have me."

Looking at the ground a moment, then back to the winged bay, he sighs. "You know you can always call on me, but, I might be better off staying in Nerine."
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Brennen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When these pillars get pulled down; Brennen - by Leilan - 09-19-2018, 12:23 PM