• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma)

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

He has a peculiar way of putting it - it's apparently, not 'no trouble at all', but perhaps for a loner in the hardships of winter that could have been expected. She issues closer to talk to him, for his answers reveal he is a thoughtful man, not one to jump at her and rip her throat out - at least she hopes. She's not naive enough to think that he couldn't harm her in any way at all, but she has to take the chance if she wants to befriend those of good nature.

"I would hope it's only the hardships of winter and those animals of predatory instinct that harm you these days; even so, I hope not too many of them. Troubles of the mind can haunt one much longer than that, I'm afraid." she looks at him, puzzling his words and neutral actions. "But even with those, I hope a bit of distraction could ease you. Just like the forest helps me clear my own mind." She smiles then, and continues. "I'm Ilma, from Hyaline. Have you always been living in the forest?"

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-11-2018, 07:09 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-12-2018, 06:28 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-15-2018, 04:35 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-16-2018, 06:07 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM