• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Between two memories
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

She seeks the placidity of a colourless sunrise, in more than one way; and though my life and my appearance falls absurdly far from drama-free, that is because I make it my first priority to protect my citizens from any drama at all. There's a reason we're the only sanctuary in Beqanna - and even in light of recent tension between our nation and that of our southern neighbours, our sanctified have been completely unaffected.

Lest hell fall upon us, immortals and mortals alike, I intend to keep it that way, with Solace by my side to help me ride the waves of bullshit political turmoil.

When my eyes open, it's not to my family's grotto - where less and less of our children are staying less and less frequently - but to the field, enclosed on all sides by friendly forests. The taste of my wife's lips fades with a tantalizing slowness from my lips, leaving said features curling upwards in a secret and lavish smile. But the thoughtless and heartfelt whims of the night are behind me now, and ahead of me lies something more akin to duty than to pleasure; but to say that I don't enjoy recruiting would be a lie.

I take a deep breath. It's my first time recruiting with the scar on my face; an unsightly and disfiguring gash, from left ear to right nostril. The antlers towering above my head do little to help draw attention away from my once-shapely face; but this scar was a small price to pay for a life spent eternally with the one I love. So, blinking and readjusted my crown of Bad Ass-ery and Shamelessness, I strike out into the field, not sure of that which I seek in particular.

She's standing out of the way when I spot her, seemingly lost in some kind of trance; I extend my magic experimentally, wondering if she's dozing and in a dream which I might join her in; but no consciousness presents itself to me for manipulation, and so I do it the old fashioned way. I spot Brennen on my approach, a fellow monarch - king of the Kraken Brotherhood. I nicker softly to him in greeting, meeting his gaze and offering a wordless dip of my head such that we might focus on our recruit instead of exchanging lengthy pleasantries.

When my eyes catch on the other approaching, the smile that had been growing on my face slithers into oblivion; but it's too late for me to turn back now, and I'll be damned if any man ever stops me from performing my duties.

I swallow, drag my smile out of hell and force it, squabbling, back onto my lips. I am careful to put Brennen between Magnus and I, and do my best impression of one who has her shit together. Because I have my shit together. Because I am Bad Ass, and Shameless.

"And I'm Kagerus," I say, following just after Magnus's question. Allowing myself to escape into the presence of she who has gathered us all, my nutmeg eyes go over the mare in a not unfriendly way, studying the silver in her mane and the bend in her face which suggests anciently shared blood between us.
    I glance then to the men beside me, figuring I ought to explain why there's three strangers staring at her with baited breath.

"We all come from different lands. But we'd love to hear about you before getting into the details."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Between two memories - by North - 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 10-09-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 10-17-2018, 07:34 PM