• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Between two memories
    All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
    grappling with a luminous doom.

-  -  -  -  

There are sharks in the grass. She lets them come, a single hind leg cocked in relaxation as she appreciates the dry winter breeze on her neck. She forgets that this place is not always kind, that sometimes mares are taken by force. She forgets that despite her age, maybe even because of it, there is much to be desired beneath her skin.

(It is not enough, not enough, there is still so much to remember.)

Brennen and Magnus. They have the eyes of old men and her heart skips a beat as she remembers men that would most certainly be old now. Are those men still here, somewhere, wearing young bodies? Would she remember them on sight alone?

The second to arrive asks what brings her here and she tilts her head with a glimmer of amusement in her dark brown eyes. "Not to recruit." She could be wrong, but she does not think the purpose of this place has changed. It seems to be a constant, as old as Beqanna itself.

Another comes, and North is intrigued by the mare. Kagerus. She likes the three before her. It is not logical that she should like them, knowing nothing more than their names, but she looks to each of them and reads some of the stories in their faces and she likes them anyway. Maybe loneliness has softened her.

"My name is North." It does not sound as though she has not spoken in years. "I'm... simple." She does not know why the lie slips through her teeth, and she does not know if they will see through it or not. She should have said she wants to be simple, lead a simple life. She wants to grow old with dignity, in a place not ruled by an idiot or a jester. "The word is my weapon, not my body." But that would be obvious by the lack of any notable scars on her bay skin. "I'm a hard worker, " She trails off, unsure what else to say. Her history seems irrelevant, or maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it. "And I'm from a different time."

When she finally smiles, it is wolfish and out of place on her small frame. "What is the ocean like, in the places you call home?" Her skin itches for salt water and so this is the first thing she thinks to ask.

-  -  -  -  -
    By morning, I had vanished at least a dozen times
    N O R T H
    Into something better

@Brennen @magnus @Kagerus
    oml such beautiful characters I love them all  ;_;

Messages In This Thread
    Between two memories - by North - 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM