• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Between two memories
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

My name is North, comes the mare's unassuming answer, her tone more alike to the wind in its substance than I've yet heard before. What she says next confirms my analogy, though I know for a fact that the simplicity of the wind is entirely a fabrication; those who do not delve into the secrets of the wind might find it simple. But as one who's flown and experienced the dynamics of the thermals and the whimsical nature of an ever changing and invisible current, I know her to be a liar - even if she herself doesn't know it yet.

She goes on to explain that diplomacy would suit her more than war, though she doesn't use those words exactly. I'd thought the same of myself until coming runner up in the alliance, second only to the Kraken King beside me. But something tells me that North knows herself better than I did at the time, and so I train my attention upon her next question: the ocean.

A peculiar request, but one I suspect that all three of us kingdom leaders will do our utmost to answer.

Brennen explains his kingdom's ocean as a warrior would, tactfully and with logical interest in its defensive and offensive qualities. I make a small show of surprise when he speaks of the glowing creatures who float on its surface at night; I make a note to take Solace with me there some day, to spend a romantic night walking along the blue-green lengths of the beaches with her. She'd like that.

Magnus next explain his kingdom's ocean, detailing the geography and ending with an invitation for North regardless of her home. I listen to his spiel too, though I disengage slightly to save myself from getting caught up in the way the sound of his voice leaves me spinning and anxious; but I am of-mind enough to know when it is my turn to speak, so I turn and, after a moment's deliberation, give my own oceanic answer.

"Truth be told North, Hyaline has less ocean than Ischia or Tephra - though still more than other Beqannan kingdoms. The western sea lines a fourth of our kingdom however, and the eastern a third." I pause, unsure as to whether I ought to elaborate further when she'd asked only to know of the oceans; but I can't help myself. "I would be lying if I said that it is the ocean that draws people to Hyaline, however. We are a mountainous kingdom, with many peaks in our skies - and between their towering mights, the heart of Hyaline is held. A lake, feeding into the ocean on both sides, as wide as the base of a mountain and that which defines our sanctuary kingdom. We welcome all refugees and wanderers into our boarders, hoping that the lake might lend them solace in times of need."

Meeting North's gaze, I end my speech with a gentle dip of my head, acknowledging that in the end, the choice remains entirely hers.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Between two memories - by North - 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 10-09-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 10-17-2018, 07:34 PM