• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Between two memories
    All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
    grappling with a luminous doom.

-  -  -  -  

They're all very polite, almost terribly so, and they speak in turn. Brennen first. Her heart beats a little faster at the thought of the sea on all sides of her, all the time. It also makes her a little leery-- sometimes she just needs to run in a straight line, chase that horizon until her legs give out.

Magnus is second. "I like simple," he says, and she catches herself from retorting "why should I care what you like?" because it is a stupid thing to say-- because she shouldn't care, but she does, so she just stands here with her breath in her chest and her eyes ready for a fight. A blush might be spreading across her cheeks, but nobody can see it.

(my god, all she wants sometimes is to flay someone with her tongue.)

She is intrigued by the description of his home, although "volcano" has the exact opposite effect of "at night it glows" and she is uncertain she's ever seen a beautiful volcano.

Third, Kagerus. Everything in three.

North is careful with this one. Kagerus doesn't have the well-worn, downright familiar feel of Magnus (that word-- familiar-- sits like a stone in her stomach). She also does not have the reserved but straightforward nature of Brennen. She has eyes that see. North feels herself being looked at by the pied mare, and where she once would turn away from the feeling she now leans into it, looking back with her bright brown eyes in challenge. A small grin curls at her lips, wolfish and not at all simple.

It is an impossible decision to make. Brennen, Magnus, Kagerus. Even if she were to close her eyes, she would still see their faces, the look in their eyes at this exact moment. She knows it isn't technically true, but it feels this way: it feels like if she opens one door, the others are closed to her forever.

She closes her eyes for a moment. She'd rather open all the doors.

"Can I visit you all, before I decide?"

She looks first to Magnus and Kagerus with a hungry sort of sadness, and says nothing. Then she looks to Brennen. "First, I'd like to see the sea glow at night."

-  -  -  -  -

N O R T H

@Brennen @magnus @Kagerus
    ooc: She's indecisive because she has crushes on everyone here ;_; Feel free to reply if you want but I guess it isn't really necessary? North is technically going to Ischia first but because liquid time (bless)  I'll be posting to all three lands the next chance I get <3

Messages In This Thread
    Between two memories - by North - 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 10-09-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 10-17-2018, 07:34 PM