• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me something to believe in; any
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

The difference between the two stallions who stand before Kensa is striking. While Magnus’ body bears all of the familiar markings of youth—his coat and form youthful—there is a gravity to his features, a bruising in his eyes that make it clear he has seen more than his fair share of years. Immortality may preserve the body, but it does not shield the mind, and Magnus’ own is riddled with more scars than his war-hardened hide. So where Rhaegor is beautiful in his innocence, his handsome face fresh and pure, Magnus is saddled with the weight of lifetimes, the guilt and fear and anger resting across his shoulders.

Still, he recognizes the other stallion’s wariness and concern strikes at him.

Worried that he had imposed or somehow upset the other stallion, Magnus took a step back, hoping that by opening up the space between them, he would make the interaction somehow easier for the trio.

When the stallion nods enthusiastically, Mag gives an encouraging smile. “Hyaline,” he confirms, his gaze slipping toward the mare for a moment before focusing on the coltish stallion again. “I have heard many wonderful things about the kingdom, but I have yet to visit it myself.” He breaks the eye contact for a moment to look back toward the mare who was the reason that they had gathered at all.

“Tephra is a volcanic isle on the tip of Beqanna. It is lush and beautiful and warm,” the last word causes his lacerated lips to tip into a charming, crooked smile, humor glinting in his gold-flecked eyes.

For a moment, he is silent, considering the pair and the odd predicament that they find themselves in.

“I have always found that seeing is a thousand times better than listening to someone ramble on about their home. Perhaps this would be a conversation that is better had by visiting one or both of the lands.” He looks toward the stallion, waiting for him to confirm. “I would be honored if you let me accompany you on a tour of Hyaline. I have been long overdue for a visit there.” Another smile toward the mare. “And if you wanted to learn more or see Tephra, I would be more than happy to oblige.”

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    give me something to believe in; any - by Kensa - 09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
    RE: give me something to believe in; any - by magnus - 09-14-2018, 12:36 AM