• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me something to believe in; any

Kensa

The colt was darling and Kensa was quite taken with him right off. She was still young and inexperienced herself but she recognized the fleeting nature of this hopeful goodness. The world would press in, she knew that much, knew the way the body and mind that she had grown into had remolded her. Magnus likely knew something about that sort of thing. He did not appear much older than her but she sensed the maturity of years upon him, a life lived beneath a youthful skin.

Any such thoughts were brushed aside as she devoted her full attention to the conversation that ensued between the three of them. The boy's enthusiasm is infectious, she smiles back to him when he responds joyfully to the name of his home. She indicated without hesitation that she would follow him there. How could she do anything but climb up into the cold to get a name for her new friend? His joy brings laughter unbidden from her chocolaty lips and when he pulls back from his playful tossing of her mane she bumps his cheek fondly with her soft muzzle.

She catches Magnus eyes in turn, attentive to his description of his own home, a soft smile returning in mirror of his own. "I'm not particularly fond of winter myself. " She replied, not sparing a glance for the jagged grayness all around them. "Such a place must be welcome retreat this time of year."  She felt she'd been a little unfair to Magnus then, he had come up into the frosted mainland and bid her welcome and she was all but ready to bid him adieu and ascend to Hyaline. She was in this frame of mind when he suggested they make a tour of Hyaline and she felt a small relief at this.

"It would be very nice to see both places. I know so little of this land. Of course only if it isn't too much trouble." She looked to her young companion, hoping she wasn't pressing for something that he would be uncomfortable with. It would be up to him, if he did not want to bring the older stallion along she hoped he would indicate this. She could make her way on her own after all. Kensa would happily go along with whatever he decided, but she did want to see both the island and the mountains. She had an innate and passionate desire to fill her life with sensation and this was a new world waiting to be experienced.

give me something to believe in

@[Rhaegor]
    @[Magnus]

Messages In This Thread
    give me something to believe in; any - by Kensa - 09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
    RE: give me something to believe in; any - by Kensa - 09-17-2018, 09:34 PM