• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Always been within; any

Adria

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky

“Tähti, like a star.” Adria considered quietly, and though the black filly can’t see it herself her companion understands exactly why. A shy sort of smile rises to the water-girl’s lips, watching the young pegasus on shore strain her eye towards the center of her head. Tähti, to Adria at least, is decidedly good then. Certainly hesitant as anyone would be at first, but intrigued enough by their obvious differences to alleviate the little Ischian’s growing boredom at home. “I can.” The buckskin replies, “I think I could live down there if I wanted, really. Mother does more n’half the time.” She shrugs, not seeing the grandeur of it all like Nyxa did.

Most likely because she herself couldn’t commune with the animals who inhabited those deep places. Her dam would be off for days at a time, helping out a pod of whales or mending a coral somewhere, all thanks to her chatty ability with the fish and such. Without being able to understand the sea creatures, Adira could only feel the vast emptiness of a world cut off from the air-breathers and their kind.

“Um apparently there are others like me, but not so … gentle.” The filly in the water shivers. Without so much as blinking an eye, the brisk rapids around her lift her spindly, lovely legs clear of the surface (like an animal half-encased in glass) and then they slide down again, wrapping around her pale hooves to push her effortlessly to shore. Adria herself never lifts a foot, only rides the impossibly small wave as a statuesque seahorse would until her suspended feet dock on the pebbled shore.

“Are there lots of other flying horses, where you’re from?” She asks, edging closer to the dark female. The possible sensation of the feathers fascinates her; they look like ebony silk with the bare winter sun gleaming down on them. “I’ve only ever seen a colt with leathery-type wings.” She blushes, ignorant at first that perhaps the other girl might not enjoy her nearness, “Yours look so soft!”

@[Tähti]

Messages In This Thread
    Always been within; any - by Tähti - 09-12-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Adria - 09-12-2018, 11:40 AM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Tähti - 09-16-2018, 04:17 AM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Adria - 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Tähti - 09-18-2018, 01:52 PM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Adria - 09-23-2018, 01:03 PM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Tähti - 09-28-2018, 05:08 AM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Adria - 09-29-2018, 12:04 PM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Tähti - 10-01-2018, 04:40 PM
    RE: Always been within; any - by Adria - 10-06-2018, 01:15 PM