• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

With the ashen taste of my conversation with Maugrim fading slowly from my tongue, I find myself leaving Sylva with an avalanche of thoughts crushing what might have been my better judgement. As the tawny leaves of eternal autumn turn to a crisp new snowfall belowhoof, I swing my head eastward, then westward; but even as the scentline of one pain-in-the-ass kingdom comes and goes beneath me, I stay on a course due north-west, hoping to be home by nightfall.

Of course, in the throes of winter, the sun sets more quickly on our magical continent; and by the time I'm just reaching Loess' most northern peak, a moonless night has wrapped itself around me. It's cool breeze and inky nothingness coaxes me to complacency, reassuring me in its untrustworthy voice that it will be safe to sleep here. That, if Wolfbane though he could allow my prisoner to fail to uphold her end of the deal; that, if Lepis had the audacity to approach my child in the name of an unknown cause; that, if they wanted to kill me, they'd better fucking do it now before I beat them to it.

The ash resettles in my mouth at the thought.

Ears pinning beneath their crown of bone and skin, I close my eyes. Despite the heaviness of sleep weighing me down, a surge of agitated energy flows still in my veins, guiding me to my dreams before I can even have a second chance to reevaluate the implications of this instinctual bed-letting.

---

Are you out there, Wolfshit?

My words echo through the abyss, searching for a pirate king. My better sense screams, but her voice is entirely silenced by the brash and all-controlling nature of my current impulsiveness and rage.

Face me, if you aren't a coward.

Politics be damned.

@[Wolfbane]let me know if this is what you were imagining
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane - by Kagerus - 09-12-2018, 02:24 PM