• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight || any
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

Magnus is not surprised when he is joined by the others, but he is comforted by their presence. He breathes them in deep, these two angels of Tephra, and he smiles at them both, although the curve of his lip is stained with the fear that he feels so deeply in his marrow. They both crowd around the stallion before them, circling him, just as the mares by Warrick stand watch. All to pay respect to a stallion who is leaving, to a stallion who has dedicated so much to the land beneath them, to those who stand here.

Magnus’ feels his heart clench in his chest, a grief that washes through him.

He is just leaving to rest, he thinks, but there is another part of him that immediately brands that a lie. He is not coming back, something whispers into his mind. He won’t be back. He swallows against the sorrow that rises in his throat, the familiar feeling of watching those he cares for leaving, but he doesn’t let it reach his eyes. Not here. Not when everyone fights so hard to be strong before Warrick and his family.

For a moment, Magnus glances upward, tipping his heavy-jawed head up to see a glimpse of the iron colt who now wears the mantle of Tephra’s protector. What the boy’s motives are in keeping his distance are sit outside of Magnus’ understanding and he doesn’t try to wrestle with whether it is from pride or respect or other. The relationship between usurper and Overseer was never going to be warm, regardless.

Dismissing the stallion, Magnus brings his gaze back down, all of his attention focused on Warrick. He listens quietly, one corner of his scarred mouth lifting into a crooked smile. “You’re surrounded by beautiful women and family that loves you. There’s nothing to be pity you for.” The humor is mild though and dies quickly, his gold-flecked eyes burning. He swallows, throat tight, and nods his head.

“Of course, Warrick.” Of course, he would abide by his wishes. Of course, he would watch over Tephra and the family that stays behind. His glances toward Marble, catching her gaze and holding it for a moment before looking back to the pegasus. “I will do whatever you need of me. It would be my greatest honor to help you and your family in whatever way that I am capable.”

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight || any - by magnus - 09-18-2018, 11:01 PM