• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're not meant to stay forever; any
    'Eszka, then'. She repeats the mare's foreign title with a slight dip of her head, appreciating the shortened variation the grey splashed mare had to offer, and hoping that the unfamiliarity of the name might grow to become more akin to familiar in time.  The influx of visitors and new residents to the harsh beauty of Nerine was astounding and humbling, it kept her busy and her curious nature reveled in the promise of fresh acquaintances.  "I sincerely hope you are in enjoying what our kingdom has to offer.  Do you have plans to stay with us long term, or are you planning on venturing elsewhere after awhile?"

Whatever tiredness her eyes had held starts to burn away in light of a growing brightness, realizing that she should have sought out the rose toned mage awhile ago.  Though she had known of Djinni's participation in the contract between Loess and Nerine, she had absolutely no clue if she'd been properly thanked for doing so.  Well, there was no time like the present. 

"Djinni," she began, training her eyes back to focus on the ageless mare, smile falling to a slight frown of apologetic nature, "I'm sorry I didn't seek you out sooner, to thank you for your services to Nerine."    In retrospect, it wasn't much, but the leopard queen felt it necessary to appreciate what Djinni had done in regards to the contract all the same, and for the coastal kingdom in general as well. And it was purposeful that she does not elaborate on the specifics, deeming it an unnecessary tactic, trusting that the genie would understood what she meant fully without saying it directly.

@[Agnieszka] @[Djinni]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever; any - by Breckin - 09-28-2018, 08:17 AM