• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how time twines around your neck; any
    The odd colored feathers at the crook of my right wing refuse to settle smoothly against their golden counterparts regardless of how often I twitch the muscles beneath. It is a distraction that I do not appreciate, not when I am doing my best to keep watch around me. It is difficult to settle anymore, to truly relax. It is all but impossible to do in the meadow and so I do not even try. Instead, I watch the creatures around me, trace their paths through the muddy snow, speculate as to their destinations.

I had honed my imagination in childhood, when my only companions were my mother and uncle and those fit to meet an impossibly young queen. I run my blue-grey gaze across the countless strangers – a mahogany bay, a painfully lemon pony, a champagne with a silver mane – but none catch my interest for very long. Yet despite my lack of social interaction in this most social of places, I make no move to leave. My twitching wings settle at my sides, held high to better cover the plethora of scars across my neck and back. My blue-to-white mane is long, painstakingly maintained and my single vanity. It covers the scarring across my withers and shoulders, and I am grateful that time has begun to lessen the redness of them, allowing them to blend more easily into my dun coat.

Time continues to tick on, and I do nothing more than turn my head now and again to better see something every now and again. I begin to grow bored, and there is an uncomfortably numb sensation beginning to build in my left hind leg. Rather than torment myself, I engage my neighbor in brief conversation, discovering that the mulberry roan is here to get a little time away from her herd. Her life sounds intriguing, but I can only tolerate her nasally voice for a few moments before I disengage from the conversation and head for a less populous area of the meadow.

A bitter gust of wind blows past, and I glance to the clouds overhead. They look heavy with rain, and I remember the brewing storm that I had seen on my journey here. It is coming sooner than I’d thought; perhaps I should seek shelter. I can’t quite make up my mind, and I pause, one navy hoof half-lifted as the thunder crashes overhead.

@[Elektrum]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; any - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 06:52 PM