• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm a little unsteady [Breckin, Any]

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He'd like to stick out his tongue at the tone of the spotted mare's voice, but manages not to when Ardashir says he's honoured that Leilan thinks him a good guard. Well, honestly if he needed the roan's opinion maybe he needed to work up a little more self-esteem, too; like Breckin had needed all those years ago. Saying she was nothing out of the ordinary... oh, how wrong she had been then; he's pretty sure she understands this nowadays though.

Ardashir confirms he's part of the sisterhood, and the scaled stallion dibs his head in acknowledgement. The term Sister perhaps befits him; to Leilan, both the sisterhood he's newly come to live with as well as the brotherhood he's left behind in favour of the Nerinian landscape (view, mostly the view) are his family. "Family of choice, Sister Ardashir." he smiles, and he's not even really making a joke out of it for once.

Breckin of course, has to spoil it just a little by pointing out his blood-related family is enormous as well. Narrowing his eyes a tiny bit, he looks at her as if he wants to say something. There's definitely something on his mind that she would find totally inappropriate; that she could join that family or even, help enlarge it, but it's with all his will-power that he doesn't out that kind of language in front of someone else, someone she wants to have a more serious conversation with. Though perhaps she could see the mischievous look in his eyes anyway, and read something off of it.

But she's always been the one to take him aback. This time he's not the main focus of her surprises, he thinks, and his eyes widen a bit when she tells Ardashir that perhaps his title isn't his best fit. Hadn't he just established for her that the man was rightly capable of protecting Nerine? That's not the kind of topic he'd have wanted to bring up, and his face folds a little, looking from one to another, as the white stud continues that he would step aside for someone else if she wanted him to. But why though? His colour-shifting eyes lock onto her brown ones, silently demanding she explain this nonsense. "If you're going to do the opposite of everything I ever say, perhaps I should have said he needed to learn some more?" Clearly, he's not quite sure if he likes this turn of events. After all, Ardashir is a good defender. Level-headed, and, for lack of a general, a good war-leader. Sure, she's a new queen and perhaps she thinks someone else befits the title better, but would she need to take this man down for it, he doesn't think so.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin] @[Ardashir] *no comprendo*
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm a little unsteady [Breckin, Any] - by Leilan - 10-20-2018, 01:05 PM