• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nowhere Can Man Find A Quieter Or More Untroubled Retreat Than His Own Soul [Agave]
    Some time passed while Aten remained under the shade of the large evergreen tree, the shade providing good cover from the warm sun shining above his head. The grass tasted fresh on his tongue as he grazed, his tail lazily swishing back and forth every so often to get rid of the occasional fly that landed on his croup. Whenever a sound not native to his ears reached Aten, the stallion would lift his head, but upon seeing there was no immediate danger, he returned to his grazing, content with this so far lazy day. Up until the river incident, that was.

More excitement stirred when a voice actively called out for him, something that intrigued the stallion. Lifting his fine head, Aten's eyes searched out the one who called him, easily spotting her against the green forest backdrop. For a minute, he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him like they did in the river's reflection. He could have sworn that it was his dam approaching, her coat being so similar to this filly's. However, when she got closer, Aten noted the black coloring of her mane and tail, somewhat dampening the joy in his heart. He did not let it show, instead standing up a bit straighter as the filly neared him.

The filly openly questioned Aten's odd behavior staring at the river water a few moments ago. The stallion was surprised by her lack of a filter, not thinking she would have confronted him about something so personal without so much as a proper introduction. But Aten had nothing to hide, did he?

"Yes, I am fine," he answered calmly, his deep voice rumbling in his throat, "I thought I saw something strange in the water, something I hadn't before. I tried to get a better look, but it had already disappeared by the second time I looked down."

Shifting one of his hooves, the stallion decided to question the excitable filly. Once again, he had a lingering thought about his dam, wondering if somehow, this filly could belong to her. But he was the youngest of his siblings so far as he knew. Even though he hadn't seen his dam since she disappeared from Sylva, how could he have gone this many years without knowing he had another? Their similarities were quite striking, all Aten needed was a dark mane and tail, and all the filly needed was his roaning to pass for siblings.

But he didn't question her on that. It'd be quite the outlandish thing to do, especially since the two were complete strangers. So, instead, he asked her, "So, who are you, stranger? What are you doing way out here in the forest?"

OOC @[Agave] It's all right, no worries. Life's a busy time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nowhere Can Man Find A Quieter Or More Untroubled Retreat Than His Own Soul [Agave] - by Aten - 10-06-2018, 07:48 PM