• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

communist daughter standing on the seaweed water

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

HIt’s an ancient dance, one he’s done hundreds of times before. He can trace the same patterns blind, knowing the nooks in the door, finding the lock and working his way through it. He was born a warrior but raised amongst several kingdoms and thus he knows how to handle himself within a diplomatic visit. For a second, his gold-flecked eyes slide away, looking for the iron colt who claimed the throne but doesn’t see him and thus turns his attention back to the pair before him. He has been patient with Kromium but he will not wait forever, and he will certainly not wait to handle something like this.

Dismissing the thought, he settles in, prepared to handle the diplomats on his own. “Kota. Baltas.” He says each of their names in turn, nodding a greeting before taking a step back. “Why don’t you come in a little further? I’d be happy to walk you around the kingdom so that you can have a tour while we discuss what you’ve come to discuss.” The name Hyaline causes a soft twist of his heart, the crushed gold stallion instantly thinking of Kagerus and their complicated (but important—oh so important to him) friendship.

“Hyaline residents are always welcome here,” he says with a lopsided grin, making sure to spread his attention between them both. It was clear, at least to him, that the mare was the more experienced of the two, but he has been wrong before, and he doesn’t dare assume—nor does he care to dismiss the younger stallion just because of inexperience. Such visits are the stepping blocks to earning that very experience.

At her questions, his heart grows slightly heavy, although such things do not weigh on his expressions. They have no such weapons. Although there are several who call the volcanic isle home, they are few and far between. They do not teem with life as they have in the past, although thanks to a recent influx of new activity, they are not quiet as barren as previously. “We have had a shifting of power,” he says simply, working hard to keep the bitterness and distrust out of his tone. It wouldn’t do to discuss such internal matters before traveling diplomats. “Kromium has stepped into the leadership role recently. Despite this shift through, we remain a haven though, a neutral land. We are primarily a quiet home for families now, although we are working to build our members—as I’m sure all kingdoms are.”

A pause, considering them before as they continue to walk into the land.

“Kromium is flanked by several others. Amorette, Warrick’s right-hand, serves as Tephra’s Ambassador,” his chest swells with pride for his adopted daughter, “and I am serving as General.”

For a second, he falls quiet, leading them across thin, crossing streams, the air growing warmer.

“Is there anything else you would like to know?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[kota] and @[Baltas]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: communist daughter standing on the seaweed water - by magnus - 10-21-2018, 02:19 AM