• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any ||
    Brennen has much to say and I listen with quick-flicking ears, though I do glance at Wolfbane to see how he is taking what the winged stallion has to say.

When it it my turn to address the bay king, I do make an effort to soften my tone, though I suspect Wolfbane will be the only one to appreciate it.  ”Your conversation with Arthas didn’t inspire much confidence with us either,“ I tell the bay stallion flatly, meeting his gaze without hesitation. ”I’ve heard the Krakens protect their law-breaking members from outside punishment in favor of internal justice, but it seems you have no intentions of allowing us to do the same.” I leave that hanging for a moment, a reminder of the hypocrisy my kingdom faces, but I do not let the silence drag on too long.

”But, having been a victim of Sylva under its previous rulers, I can empathize with your position more than my husband seemed to.” I turn to scratch an itch on my left shoulder, revealing the myriad of scars that cross my neck when my long mane shifts with the movement. I am aware of this, and shake it back quickly before glancing to Wolfbane as he speaks.

The idea of a triumvirate is mentioned for the first time, and a faint smile pulls at the edges of my navy mouth. The heavy issues of loyalty have been on my mind much of late, and I feel a weight I hadn’t even known I carried grow lighter. The positivity doesn’t last long, as the stallion who before had seemed so bored with politics chooses this moment to become obstinate.

I have already bitten my tongue once in the name of diplomacy, but Leilan seems determined to force me to nip it clean off. The roan stallion hadn’t impressed me at our first meeting, and he seems bound and determined to continue that trend during this - our second.

”It’s fortunate then,” I say to the scaled silver bay, ”That Wolfbane and I proposed this to Brennen, and not to you.” My tone is sharper than necessary, but Leilan should be counting his blessings. The venom is only in my voice; my control of my power is ironclad. As much as it would please me to terrorize the bay stallion and send him screaming in fear from this conversation, I settle instead for a scowl that is not entirely gone when I turn back to Brennen.

”I intend to rein in the terrors that still dwell in Sylva.“ I tell him, because there is no bed to sugarcoat the truth. There are monsters that roam the autumn woods, and I am now their keeper. ”That alone is something that Ischia - that Beqanna - gets out of this, and for no effort on your part at all. I’ve offered no objection to your clear intentions to violate my kingdom’s sovereignty in your search for vengeance, and have even offered to help find the child-killer. I was even inclined to turn them over to Ischia.“ There is no better vengeance than that enacted on a perpetrator by their victim after all, and since the children are gone it must fall to their family. In this case, Brennen.

”But...” Here my voice trails off, and I glance once - harshly - at Leilan and then purposely avoid Wolfbane’s gaze before looking back at Brennen. ”If you share Leilan’s view that such an offer benefits Ischia in no way at all, we’ll deal with the issue internally.“ I cannot fathom that he would, but it stands to reason that Leilan is influential in Ischia if he is here and voicing his opinion in a conversation between monarchs. Perhaps Brennen will agree with him after all, and I’ll be left with a child-killer on my hands.

@[Brennen]
    @[Leilan]
    @[Wolfbane]

so lepis is a liiiitle salty fyi ?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any || - by Lepis - 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM