• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  until the ashes of eden fall; daddy and khari
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.kerbslayout {width:476px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#000;} .kerbsgradient {width:476px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#16061d, #351443, #16061d); background: -o-linear-gradient(#16061d, #351443, #16061d); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#16061d, #351443, #16061d); background: linear-gradient(#16061d, #351443, #16061d); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .kerbspic {width:476px; height:668px; background-image:url('https://s15.postimg.cc/7m1agon9n/kerbs.png');background-size:contain;} .kerbsquote {width:476px; font-size:24px;font-family: 'cinzel', cursive;color:#b997c7;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;position:relative;} .kerbspost {padding:20px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;text-align:justify;font:11px georgia;color:#b997c7;position:relative;bottom:10px;}</style><center><div class=kerbsgradient><div class=kerbslayout><div class=kerbspic></div><div class=kerbspost>By the time Kharon got in touch, I was about frantic with worry. Kylin and Lacey were safe and sound, untouched by the fucking disaster that had become of Taiga. But Kali and Kharon had a tendency to sneak off, Kali to visit her Uncle Ru, and Kharon to keep Kali out of danger. Well. There was only so much of this level of danger he could keep her out of, especially if she snuck off without telling anybody again. And she sure as hell didn’t tell me or her mom.

So yeah I was riiiight in that sweet spot of panicking but not quite bad enough to let it show, had already pretty much handed Ischia over to Ea and asked her and Caw to watch over Kylin for me and set out looking for the two of them when I heard his beautiful goddamn voice in my mind, calling me to him, showing me where to find them. Because my Kali baby needed help. And if that didn’t send my heartbeat fuckin’ skyrocketing nothing ever would, you know?

So I ran, thanking whatever gods existed and whatever quirk of my fucked up bloodline was responsible for my miraculous ability to walk across the surface of the water instead of sinking like the iron weight I was. And damn but I had to run far - Kali in a panic could <i>move.</i>

Kid kept in contact, and we played a frantic game of Marco Polo ‘til I caught sight of them, little flashes of my lavender and white on the water, without the metallic gleam of iron flesh. Ran straight over and wrapped them up in an iron hug that lifted them up off the water and onto me, sorta melded my flesh into the right shape to carry them, no big deal. Baby needs a horse trailer, baby gets a horse trailer, it’s cool.

Perks of being my shiny-ass self, I guess, whatever, point being.

Scooped up my kiddos, had Kharon fill me in while I carted them up to higher ground. Not that flood waters or ocean waves were much concern to me or mine, but there was disaster still raging in Taiga and I’ll admit I wasn’t at my best. Shiny badass warrior fairy had helped me out once before, giving me back my shine and throwing magic into my veins to restore other people’s powers.

Maybe she’d lend a hand again. Give my baby girl some time to heal, maybe help out with that fucking burn on her shoulder that Kharon filled me in on while he was filling me in on everything else that had fucking gone down. Or alternatively, we could find ourselves completely alone on a giant-ass mountainside with no helpful fairies in sight. Whatever, at least it was quiet and far away from the imminent danger of Taiga’s crazy fucking destructo-rampage.

We cuddled and fussed over our little angel eyes for days, while she stayed basically cata-fucking-tonic and scared the everliving shit out of us. Quietly fretted and tried to keep it together for each other while baby girl was trapped in her own little nightmare world in her head, dealing with the horror and shit. Kharon kept trying to reach her, to coax her out of it bit by bit, but it took time.

We tucked her up between the two of us, Kharon and I, and she clung to her brother’s side, barely letting him get up to tend to basic needs, and only then if she had me to cling to, if I wrapped her up in warm iron that had no right to be comfortable and only managed it because I’m fucking magic, okay? and held her the whole time he was gone. A body’s gotta piss now and again, sorry, angel eyes.

Other than a quick little panic about her mom and her sister, she was absolutely silent. For fucking days. Long, endless fucking days during which Kharon and I switched back and forth between talking out loud so she’d have the soothing sound of familiar voices to listen to, and using his gift to communicate silently. We waited, and we held her and loved on her and did what little we could to comfort her.

‘Til she looked up at us with dark brown eyes that had never been full of her momma’s haunted sadness before. Sadness I put in those angel eyes the first time ‘round in a different face just as beautiful. Sadness I’d never been able to chase away, was probably the wrong person to chase away. Something broke in my baby girl, and it broke my fucking heart. So yeah, if she wanted to go home and see her momma and her big sis, I’d give it a shot.

Anything to try and ease some of that hurting, take away some of that heartache.

<i>You okay with heading home, son?</i> Stupid question, of course. If it was what Kali wanted, he’d do anything to give it to her. But it still felt important to ask.<div class=kerbsquote style="padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:10px;"><center>Bite my shiny metal ass.</center></div></div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: until the ashes of eden fall; daddy and khari - by Kerberos - 09-18-2018, 04:45 PM